Listen to this post: Are you ready to take the TOEFL iBT Fourteen Important Questions
1. Are you comfortable listening to academic conversations and lectures?
2. Can you catch the main idea and critical supporting points of these passages?
3. Do you regularly practice note-taking while listening the academic conversations and lectures?
4. Can you use advanced grammar structures in speaking and writing with a high degree of accuracy?
5. Do you regularly read for enjoyment (about 45 minutes a day)?
6. Can you catch the main idea and critical supporting points of academic reading passages?
7. Can you read at a speed of 200 + words per minute with a 60-80% comprehension?
8. Can you concentrate on a reading passage with few distractions?
9. Can you accurately summarize an academic reading passage without plagiarizing it?
10. Are you comfortable using the context when encountering unfamiliar vocabulary words in reading passages?
11. Can you write organized essays based on personal experience, readings, and lectures?
12. Do you regularly talk with native English speakers or fluent non-native English speakers?
13. Can you accurately and coherently summarize a reading and listening passage without plagiarizing them?
14. Can you speak 100-150 words a minute with clear pronunciation, especially in regards to word stress, intonation, and thought groups and blending?
If you can answer yes to most of these questions, then you are ready to take the TOEFL iBT. Good luck!
For more information, go here:
http://www.michaelbuckhoff.com/index.html (TOEFL iBT)