The Official Guide to the TOEFL Test is created by Educational Testing Service (ETS). I recommend that your purchase this guide if
- You are within 5-10 points of your target TOEFL score. For example, if your current TOEFL score is 85 and if you need a score of 90, purchasing this guide will be appropriate.
- You are motivated enough to study alone without the help of a TOEFL preparation instructor.
- You want to familiarize yourself with the format for the TOEFL exam.
The Official Guide to the TOEFL Test Benefits
If you purchase the eBook, you will
- Be able to download the materials instantly.
- Not need to pay any shipping costs.
- Use the search to print or find any part of the book that is most important.
- Save money since eBooks cost less than printed ones.
In addition to these benefits, The Official Guide to the TOEFL Test
- Gives you unlimited access to 100’s of reading, listening, speaking, and writing topics that have appeared on the TOEFL exam.
- Offers four, full-length practice tests with content that appeared on older versions of the TOEFL exam.
- Has useful tips and practice so that you can improve your reading, listening, speaking, and writing proficiency.
- Contains information about scoring criteria for all sections of the TOEFL exam.
- Includes a writing handbook so that you can minimize your speaking and writing errors.
Will my computer be able to use The Official Guide to the TOEFL Test?
The answer is “yes” if you have a Windows or Apple personal computer.
Windows users need an operating system of 7 or higher. Moreover, you should have a computer speed of 1.6 GHz or faster processor. In addition, you need 1 GB of RAM installed so that you have enough memory to run the system. Finally, you will need about 300 MB of disk space on your hard drive.
Apple users need an OS X Mavericks (10.9) operating system. Furthermore, make sure your Apple has at least a 1.6 GHz processor a minimum of 1 GB of RAM. Similar to Windows users, you need 300 MB of disk space.
However, according to ETS, the interactive software download that you get with the eBook does not work on iPads, tablets, eReaders, or SmartPhones.
How do I get this eBook?
You can find this book in many places on the Internet such as Amazon by typing in the key words “The Official Guide to the TOEFL Test.” Of course, you can find this eBook at ETS’s official TOEFL web site.
What if I want to get feedback on my speaking and writing practice tests?
This eBook does not give you any speaking and writing feedback as you complete the practice tests. However, if you sign up for my speaking and writing feedback services, you will be able to send me the speaking and writing practice tests that you complete. In addition, I will listen to, read, evaluate, and score these practice tests that you send me. After, I will recommend specific skill-building lessons from STEALTH, The 7-Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT.
The Official Guide to the TOEFL Test
Speaking and writing feedback
High TOEFL speaking score
To sum up, my online TOEFL course + my pronunciation, speaking, and writing feedback is an excellent supplement to The Official Guide to the TOEFL Test.
Michael Buckhoff, firstname.lastname@example.org
2 thoughts on “The Official Guide to the TOEFL Test”
Thanks for sharing, Michael Goodine.
Hey, so here is my big list of mistakes and errors in the Official Guide. I guess this will be a lot longer starting August 1, but the current list is still pretty useful, I think: