On this web page, you can sign up to get TOEFL speaking and writing practice. In addition, you will also be signing up to get feedback from a speaking and writing mentor who has more than 25 years of instruction. Your mentor, Michael Buckhoff, is the same one who wrote all 700+ articles here at Better TOEFL Scores.
Why do I need speaking and writing practice?
If you want to score 26 points on the speaking section of the TOEFL exam, you will need speaking practice. Did you know that
- Only 10%-12% of all test-takers score 26 on the speaking section?
- About 90% of test-takers never score 26 on the speaking section?
- It can take 45 hours of speaking practice to improve your subtotal score one point?
- Pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, and topic development problems will cause you to score lower on the speaking section?
- Most students cannot solve their speaking problems on their own?
In addition, students who need to score 24 points on the writing section will need practice. Did you know that
- Writing is not a skill that can be learned naturally without explicit instruction and practice?
- Only 20% of all test-takers reach 24 points on the writing section?
- Approximately 80% of all TOEFL test-takers never reach 24 points on the writing section?
- Writers, even with explicit instruction, often make the same errors repeatedly before they improve?
- It can take 45 hours of practice to improve your writing subtotal score one point?
To learn more about TOEFL percentages, read this article. Have you ever thought about what happens to TOEFL speaking 26 and TOEFL writing 24 hopefuls who do not practice? What happens if these speaking and writing students do not get the right kind of feedback? Read this post.
How do I get speaking and writing practice?
After you sign up, you can start completing speaking and writing practice tests. See 100 speaking and 100 writing topics based on the 2019 revised types of prompts that are now appearing on the TOEFL exam.
In addition, after you sign up, you will also practice at STEALTH, The 7-Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT. I will send you a password and username so that you can
- Get access to 700 TOEFL vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, listening, reading, writing, and speaking lessons.
- Get additional integrated speaking and writing topics that you can practice.
- Complete my pronunciation pre-tests and post-tests.
Where do I get this speaking and writing practice?
- You will be sending me audio files of your independent and integrated speaking practice tests. Then I can provide you 3-8 minutes of audio feedback. My feedback will include a score of 1-4 on each practice test. I will also offer corrections to help you improve. Further, I will recommend specific STEALTH lessons to help you improve your weak points.
- As you complete independent and integrated writing practice tests at STEALTH, I will provide you some basic feedback. I will score your practice tests from 1 -5. In addition, I will recommend some specific lessons to address your weak points.
Sign up to begin speaking and writing practice right now.
For a minimal cost of a $45 subscription, you can do all of the following:
- Get unlimited access to all 700 STEALTH lessons.
- Complete ONE speaking or pronunciation practice test every 24 hours + evaluation + scoring
- Complete ONE writing practice tests every 24 hours +evaluation + scoring
- Email support 24 hours a day (I will answer your email questions at least once a day.)
- Get TOEFL speaking and writing advice by e-mail by a speaking and writing mentor (me!) with more than 25 years of TOEFL teaching experience
The first week of using my course is free. How about that?
Learn about who I am.
Read some testimonials of student who have practiced their TOEFL speaking and writing with me.
If you want to use this TOEFL Speaking and Writing Service, click “Subscribe.” If you are not on a tight budget and if you want TOEFL Skype lessons, go here.
Meet with me during my regularly scheduled office hours if you have questions about my TOEFL speaking and writing service. You will see them listed in the banner above this web page.