Table of Contents
Exam!” “Give me a power-packed TOEFL lesson!”
Watch Videos: Pumpkin Patches and TOEFL iBT, Corn Mazes and TOEFL iBT
As an English professor and TOEFL instructor, I have mixed bag of experiences when it comes to my profession. Sometimes, I have students who are unmotivated, whereas other times I have students who want to learn more than they want oxygen. Let’s talk about the latter–the highly motivated student who wants to learn but just needs some direction. This type of student will pass the TOEFL iBT by following a few simple steps.
1). First, he comes to my Better TOEFL Scores blog and takes a TOEFL practice test. The purpose of taking the practice test is to get a practice test score and especially have the speaking and writing sections scored by a TOEFL iBT specialist.
2) After taking the TOEFL practice test, he makes a blog comment at Better TOEFL Scores: “Michael, I just took an i-System Practice Test and here are my test results…..
Total score____/120 pts
Reading ____/30 pts
Based on my test results, which TOEFL lessons do you think I should take?”
3) Based on my recommendations, he takes TOEFL lessons over a period of 2-3 months.
4) As he is taking the TOEFL lessons, he asks questions (usually, by making video comments) to get clarification from me to make sure he understands what is being taught.
5) Then after studying 2-3 months, he takes one more TOEFL practice test .
6) Finally, it is time for him to take the official TOEFL iBT exam.
7) After taking the TOEFL exam, he makes one final Better TOEFL Scores comments letting us know how he scored.
It is those times when TOEFLers tell me, “Hey, Michael I passed the TOEFL. My score is 105/120,” that I receive the most satisfaction as a TOEFL teacher. I think about how hard the TOEFLer had to work to get that score. I think about how proud he/she must feel to make a plan, follow the plan, and finally get a passing score.
For all you who are reading this and have worked hard to pass the TOEFL, I congratulate you for you hard work. Nicely done indeed!
For more information, go here:
Exam!” “I want my lesson now!”
Watch Video: Learn about S.T.E.A.L.T.H.