Are you ready to take the TOEFL iBT? This is an important question. Unfortunately, many students take the TOEFL exam before they are ready. This blog post will help you to answer the question, “Are you ready to take the TOEFL iBT?” Below you will find a series of questions that you can answer. Rate each skill on a scale of 1-5.
Rate your TOEFL skills
Are you ready to take the TOEFL iBT? Assessing your reading skills
The reading section of the TOEFL iBT can be quite difficult. How well do you think you can perform in the following skills areas for reading?
Are you ready to take the TOEFL iBT? Assessing your listening skills
Think about how well you can perform in each of the below listening competencies.
Are you ready to take the TOEFL iBT? Assessing your speaking skills
The speaking section of the TOEFL is considered by many to be the most difficult. In fact, about 10% of all students score 26/30 points. “Are you ready to take the TOEFL iBT?” I ask. To answer this question, consider whether or not you have problems with any of these TOEFL speaking skills.
Are you ready to take the TOEFL iBT? Assessing your writing skills
The writing section is not as difficult as the speaking section. For instance, about 20% of all test-takers can score 24/30 points. This is the requirement for many seeking professional licenses. Nonetheless, you should ask yourself, “Are you ready to take the TOEFL iBT?” Rate how well you can perform the following writing skills below.
TOEFL writing skills
Are you ready to take the TOEFL iBT?Taking a full-length four hour TOEFL iBT practice test
If you rated yourself 4 or 5 in most of the reading, listening, speaking, and writing categories, then you are probably ready to at least take a full-length four hour TOEFL iBT practice test. After you take the practice test, compare your overall score and subtotal scores with your target scores. If your practice test score and your target score are similar, you are ready to register to take the TOEFL iBT. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want me to recommend a reputable web site that offers realistic, full-length practice tests at reasonable prices. There are at least five benefits of taking a full-length four hour TOEFL iBT practice test:
- Familiarize yourself with the structure and format of the TOEFL iBT.
- Practice your concentration in English for four full hours. In other words, you can develop the stamina that you will need to during the exam.
- Try out some test-taking strategies that you have been learning.
- Get an accurate score so that you can find your level. This can be very important if you want to choose a personalized learning path to ready yourself for the official TOEFL iBT.
- You can compare your practice test score to your target score. This will help determine whether or not you are ready to register for the official TOEFL iBT.
Are you ready to take the TOEFL iBT?Choosing a personalized learning path to prepare you for the exam
If you marked yourself as poor to average (1-3) in most skill areas, then you are not ready to take the official TOEFL iBT. In addition, maybe you took a full-length iBT practice test and found that your overall score and subtotal score is much lower than you thought. If this is the case, do what more than 36,000 students have done since 2008: These students have joined one of my online TOEFL courses.
All of my courses offer the following advantages:
- Detailed course outline telling you what you should do every day for the duration of your course.
- E-mail assistance from TOEFL mentors 24 hours a day during your TOEFL preparation studies.
- Opportunity to complete pronunciation and speaking practice tests daily followed by audio feedback from accent reduction and speaking specialists. This is offered at no extra cost.
- Completion of writing practice tests daily, again getting qualified feedback from TOEFL writing specialists. This is offered at no extra cost.
- Unlimited access to more than 700 vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, listening, reading, writing, and speaking lessons.