Alijah is taking TOEFL lessons right now and has been working hard to improve his vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, reading, listening, writing, and speaking proficiencies. Aiming to score at least 100/120 on the TOEFL iBT, Alijah asks his online TOEFL teacher, “When will I be ready to score above 100/120?”
His TOEFL teacher, Michael, gave him the following guidelines:
1. When you can score 85% or higher on the TOEFL vocabulary final exam, you have successfully completed this part.
2. When you score 5.1 or higher on the Intelligibility Post-Test, you have successfully completed the pronunciation part.
3. When you have completed ALL the grammar lessons and practice exercises, including TOEFL Grammar Lesson 7, you are finished with this section of the course.
4. When you score 80% or higher on at least 3 TOEFL listening practice tests, you have successfully completed this section.
5. When you have increased your reading speed to 350 words per minute with at least 80% comprehension, you have reach desired proficiency in this area.
6. When you have completed at least 3 independent and 3 integrated writing practice tests and have scored between 24-27/30 pts., you have mastered what it takes to score high on this section.
7. When you have completed at least 3 independent and 3 integrated speaking practice tests and have scored between 24-27/30 pts., you have mastered what it takes to score high on this section.
And once Alijah has met the following guidelines in each part of “The 7-Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT,” he will be ready to score higher than 100/120 on the TOEFL iBT. Good luck, Alijah!
|This article was written by Michael Buckhoff–co-founder and materials writer for Better TOEFL Scores and The 7-Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT, Composition and Linguistics Professor, TOEFL Specialist, ESL Master Instructor, and Placement and Testing Coordinator for California State University, San Bernardino.Follow more posts and videos from Michael at Facebook, Twitter, and You Tube.|